Thursday 1 September 2016

So I attended a Wedding!

So I attended a Wedding!

 

So I was invited to a wedding by a friend I met here Lisa, whom I mentioned in a previous post. The wedding was an amazing experience, I met a lot of people and as you could image being the only western face there I was the center of attention next to the Bride and Groom of course. 

I was then asked to be the best man at wedding, because it would be considered a great honour to the family, so I gladly accepted after only knowing the family for roughly one hour haha.  The Groom was the brother of Lisa who is very nice guy and owns a successful shop in Harbin. After the ceremony I was invited by Lisa's father to have a beer in celebration although I had enough, in Chinese it is a disrespect to decline a kind gesture on special day like a wedding. Long story short I am now really cool with the family and some of their friends once they all could see how much I can eat and drink, all with minimal bathroom breaks after a few hours of drinking.

I also discovered that it is a big honour to have western friends and especially on special occasions like a wedding.

All in all after each progress update I do on my life here, it just keeps getting better and better! After only 3 months here I've done more and experienced more then some locals or other foreigners who have been in Harbin or China longer than I have. Slowly becoming famous here, haha!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment