Thursday 10 November 2016

New Post Alert!!! 6 Months Down

It is now officially been 6 long months living in Harbin, China, with 6 more to go. Occasionally still meeting some new interesting or cool people around the city, and also being introduced to some hidden gems or events within the city not many people know about, especially locals.

Since my last post a lot has happened in Harbin so far. I’ve been to a live music show in downtown Harbin, that most locals never knew occasionally takes place. The music was good and soulful, although I didn’t understand the words because it was in Chinese haha, other than that it was very good and relaxed vibe. Along with this we have stumbled upon some new cafes that similar life back home in the West or Europe. This is a nice change in pace from the normal routine of life here amongst the small expat community that resides in Harbin of simply going to bars or clubs each weekend.

Halloween was heavily celebrated in China more than I thought it would to be honest. Me and some close friends dressed up as 70’s Basketball team and I was there coach! It was a night to remember in Harbin. Met some cool people at some bars both locals and expats like myself.



SMOG ALERT!!!
When the weather begins to transition from Autumn into Winter here in China, there is heavy increase of smog throughout the country and masks are mandatory especially if you're a foreigner here temporarily or just simply want to protect your health, either way you should wear a mask!

It has started to snow here and to be honest I am actually looking for to winter here, as they have many ski hills throughout Harbin and outdoor activities such as the Ice and Snow show. This takes place throughout Harbin at various locations according to the information I have been given on this major event. Events that take are swimming in the river during the coldest period in winter, an ice city similar to the one in Montreal, Quebec only as I’ve been told it is much larger here in Harbin and also an assortment of games.





On the topic of winter activities that some locals in Harbin like to partake in is hockey. I was privileged to see a pick-up hockey game that one of my friends here plays in with some locals and police officers. The players here are actually really good at hockey from what I seen. I might also find a sport to play during winter to occupy some time here.


That is life in Harbin currently. Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment