Monday 6 March 2017

Thailand!!! (9 months down)


Now currently in my ninth month here in China, and it has been a roller coaster ride these past nine months to say the least. A real combination of good and bad moments, but that can happen anywhere I suppose.

On to happier topic, Thailand!
My recent vacation to Thailand was unreal! I can’t exactly put it all into words, but it most definitely is a country I would visit again if given the chance but for longer period of time than my previous time spent there.

First stop in Thailand was the legendary Bangkok. I stayed at the “Bodega Bangkok Hostel” for three unforgettable and amazing nights in this unreal hostel. Great people, great food and location was all on point, but most of all the staff that works there is legendary crew of people when it comes to helping to book tours, organize drinking games for everyone at the hostel, Then we have Max gathering a crowd of people to go out and party for night usually at “Koh Sam Road” or just simply suggesting things to do or see. Either at night or during the day they know their stuff.

During the days was usually spent wit some people going to explore the city, markets, food and whatever else we could find during our time in Bangkok. I actually bought some traditional looking Thai clothing as is the tourist thing to do.

Cultural Day Tour
This day tour is offered by the hostel for a good price and is something I highly recommend seeing during your time there. You see a few different temples throughout Bangkok, a few river boats, try some cultural food and the tour guide if you happen to be so lucky is Suez. She is an amazing girl, to talk to and hang with, plus she knows her stuff about the city. If you're a car nut you can definitely bring that up with her, she will know than you expect and probably more than you!



During my last night there me and couple of people made our way to a Muay Fight for the night in style. We pilled six people into a small Tuk-Tuk for about a 40 minute drive, and everyone who seen us was just laughing and taking pictures of us, even the driver stopped and took a selfie with us haha. The funniest part was a cop whom just looked at us shook his and started laughing! The Muay Thai was an unreal experience to see and hear the crowd chant, roar and just experience that side of culture in Thailand. This lasted for about four hours, and we seen eight glorious fights and two K.O.’s that night. After this we know became a crew of seven of crammed into a small taxi back to our hostel to party around the city for one more night before some of us went our separate ways.


My next location was Phuket for about a week, where I again stayed another hostel the “Bodega Phuket Hostel”. Both hostels are owed by the same guys from America. Again I recommend staying here, you're close to beaches, street food, clubs, and not to far away by scooter, tuk-tuk or taxi to go see some amazing tourist attractions.

During my time here I actually met up with a friend whom I work with in China, we’re both teachers and I also ran into another girl I met previously at the Bangkok location which was hilarious. The staff here like the Bodega Bangkok is amazing, the food, the service and especially when I got a little bit sick the staff took me to the hospital and made sure I got the right medications and all. It was walking into a family or a close tight net of friends.

My first day here I went to see the “Big Buddha” temple with a new friend I met the night before. It was a really good day trip we just randomly took there and the driver whom took us there waited for us in the parking until we were finished. One thing I wish I knew was how close Kata Beach was to Big Buddha. My recommendation is going to see Big Buddha first during the day, and then making you way down to Kata beach for the afternoon. Kata Beach is beautiful, quiet, not too many people around and also has shops and food all within walking distance. 

Bangla Street
This street here is packed with clubs and bars to your left and right. It’s impossible to go to Bangla street at night and say you didn’t have a good time. The have indoor and outdoor clubs, same for bars, dancers, street food and to top it all off you're walking distance to Patong beach if you want to keep the party going with an amazing view! One thing I did notice about Phuket is the amount of reggae bars everywhere. I never been to a country and seen so many reggae bars/clubs in my life!

During my time in Phuket I took the opportunity to visit the islands nearby like Koh Phi Phi, Maya Bay, Monkey Island, and a few others. It’s a great way to see the island life of the country and also get some good seafood!


Beaches I recommend
Just a quick thing here. Beaches I recommend is Kata beach and Freedom beach, both are close to there hostel and its not crowed like Patong beach.

The worst part of my trip was flying back into China. The pilot flew from Bangkok, Thailand to Chengu, China, he was supposed to fly us to Kunming, China. I was stuck in Chengdu for 7hrs and then finally made it to Kunming, where I was stranded again for 2 days until I finally made it back to Harbin, China. In Kunming the original flight for us had left by the time we got there and had to spend the night in a hotel. Day one the we missed the flight back to Harbin, because most people do not understand the concept of a line or patience. Finally Day come along and I’m finally on my way back to Harbin. I would have to say this was my worst experience during my travels. I refuse to ever fly again with “China Eastern Airlines”. The amount of confusion I witnessed and experienced was like other I’ve experienced in my life.

Besides that bad experience and getting sick for a day in Thailand, I would say my trip was all in all an unforgettable journey and one I hope to experience again minus the delays and confusions at the airports!

No comments:

Post a Comment