Thursday 14 April 2016

First Post aka Intro to me!

Welcome to the EhBroad Blog. My name is Jaleel Foster I am 24 years old and I fell in love with travelling since 2007, when I visited my families home country of Jamaica.
 The name EhBroad is a play on words, slang word "Eh" pronounced as "A" and then removing the "A" off "Abroad" making "EhBroad" short and simple easy to remember, plus it shows my Canadian heritage!

I am huge fan of spontaneous adventure and all cultures this world has to offer. Growing up in one of the most diverse cities in the world Toronto, ON, Canada it has shown me that their is more to life everywhere you look. The cool about Toronto for those who cannot travel all the time or at all, can provide the option of travelling through stories and images passed down through generations of people who immigrated to Canada or those who have done a fair amount of travelling in their lives. Like I said Toronto is a very diverse city we have Little Italy, China Town, Greek Town, Little Portgual and many more. Simply visiting these little nest eggs of the city you can come across pretty much all walks and cultures of life, for example food, clothing, music, language and different customs that each culture has to offer.

Having these experiences growing since I was kid even up to know has continuously pushed me to continue to engage in cultures locally in my city and of worldwide. Locally you get the taste of the culture and what it has to offer, so for me I need the full cultural experience and authenticity of each culture. So these are only some of the reasons I choose to travel and personally I don't see myself stopping anytime soon.

One last thing I encourage everyone to be more involved their communities, outside their comfort and most of all as crazy as this sounds simply talk to strangers from time to time. Just these basic tasks alone can put you on the path to be more worldly and aware that there is always more in life than what you or I may think about anything or anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment